Voith TurboBelt Storage Loop
Voith Turbobelt Storage Loop
Increasing the productivity of expansion conveyors in mining using the Voith TurboBelt Storage Loop
To adapt belt conveyors to the mining‘s rate of advancement, belts have to be shortened or lengthened. The Voith TurboBelt Storage Loop System is a solution for belt systems that need to change their length. This solution protects the belts and is very productive. The conveyor belt is looped around 2-6 return pulleys with 1-3 pulleys mounted on a moving tensioning car. This car is moved using a tensioning mechanism (winch, etc.) based on the belt length needed. While doing this, the tensioning force is applied in a controlled manner.
Pressure sensors in the Voith TurboBelt Storage Loop ensure dynamic control and monitoring of the belt tension. Thus, they contribute to an overall increase in operational reliability and safety.
Voith Turbo GmbH & Co. KG
45478 Mülheim an der Ruhr, Germany
Tel. +49 208 620 161 0
Fax +49 7321 3713 8885
Benefits and Uses
- Minimizes belt connectors
- Reduces downtimes by quickly and easily lengthening or shortening the belt
- Compact design thanks to the optimal matching of the needed change in length
- Use in length adjustable conveyor belt systems underground
With more than 100 years of working with conveyor technology products in underground coal mining, we offer customized solutions for mining conveyor technology and tailor-made systems for shaft hoisting.
We are your engineering partner for:
- Design and layout of complete belt systems
- Modern belt conveyor design
- Calculation and development of belt conveyor systems in both underground and above ground mining and other industries
- Concept, design and production of bulk-material conveyor systems
- Optimization of existing belt conveyor systems
You can find information on selecting the best drive system here:www.voith.com