It Simply Performs Better.
EmCon Traction Inverter. Compact and Intelligent.
The traction inverter has the task to convert supplied energy as efficiently as possible and make it available to the drive motors in a suitable way. The conversion of energy (for example from direct current into three-phase alternating current with the corresponding dynamic behaviour) is made possible by state-of-the-art power electronics.
On Top of the Roof
In Engine Compartment
Power and Efficiency
Using modern power electronics and highly dynamic motor control techniques, the traction inverter provides the energy for optimal tractive effort. Regardless of the operating conditions. During braking, a large amount of the braking energy is automatically fed back into the grid.
Quality and service
Whether -40°C in the snow or over +40°C in a sandstorm: Our traction inverters require minimal maintenance, are durable and extremely reliable. The well-thought-out 3-level service concept is tailored to the other drive components in the vehicle. This means high availability and low maintenance costs. With short response times and original Voith replacement parts, our service department ensures problem-free operation.
Key technologies and innovations
- IGBT modules with improved power and thermal cycling
- Compact power components with improved operating characteristics
- High-performance heat sinks and cooling circuits for maximum power density
- Powerful traction control with a digital signal processor (DSP) and MATLAB/Simulink programming
- Energy-efficient, grid friendly drive control
- Highly dynamic wheel spin / slip protection for optimal utilization of friction
- High-speed BUS interfaces
- Rugged housing with a high IP protection level
Proven core components and modularity
- Traction inverters based on proven and tested power components
- Power components can be used for inverters and H-bridges
- A standardized Voith-drive control unit for all EmCon products
- Control software individually configurable to the requirements
- Line filter designed on the basis of customer requirements
- Housing and interfaces adaptable to customer requirements
Tested quality from a competent source
Product development and testing to EN 61287-1 and EN 50155,
extensive type tests:
- Load test, thermal response, losses, cooling, climate tests
- Short-circuit, overvoltage and insulation test, dust test
- EMC, noise, shock and vibration test
- Verification of protection and safety functions
- Verification of IP protection level
(cont. power, up to)
|LRV/ Tram||2 x 250 kVA
|DC 600 / 750 V||
- air cooled
|Metro||2 x 450 kVA||DC 750 / 1500 V||- air cooled
- underfloor mounting
- DC chopper possible
|DEMU/ EMU/ Loco||900 kVA||DC 1500 V||- liquid cooled
- roof and underfloor mounting
||1650 kVA||AC 15 / 25 kV
||- liquid cooled
- cabinet and underfloor mounting
Voith Digital Solutions Austria GmbH & Co. KG
Electrical Traction Systems
Linzer Strasse 55
3100 St. Poelten, Austria
Tel. +43 2742 806-0
Fax +43 2742 806-3124
Would you like to know more? Do you have questions or a specific application?
You can find the answers
Energy Saving, Power Saving and Catenary Free.
FreeMO Energy Storage Unit.
The Voith Energy Storage Units integrates SuperCap modules of well-known manufacturers to appropriate units for typical LRV applications.
- In addition to the SuperCap modules, each unit includes its filter choke and cooling
- No other Equipment is necessary because choppers and control Equipment are integrated to the traction inverters
- The capacity per unit is 0,5 kWh which is multiple applied per vehicle (2 to 8)
Alternatively, battery systems of well known suppliers can be integrated to the Voith traction System.