Fluid coupling type TD
The constant-filled fluid coupling TD is used in tractors. The coupling dampens torsional vibration and torque shocks in the drive chain. This increases the service life of all drive components.
In event of overload, the torque limiting properties of the coupling prevent the engine from stalling. Thanks to the fluid coupling, simple and convenient operation of the tractor is possible.
Voith GmbH & Co. KGaA
74564 Crailsheim, Germany
Sales, Technical Consulting, Quotations
Tel. +49 7951 32-409
Fax +49 7951 32-213
Service, Spare parts, Repair
Tel. +49 7951 32-1020
Fax +49 7951 32-554
24/7 Technical Emergency Helpline
+49 7951 32-1616
Benefits and uses
- Load-free engine run-up
- Smooth start-up of driven machine
- Protects the drive components in case of an overload
- Damps torsional vibration in the drive
- Protects system components - increases the service life
- Robust and unsusceptible to environmental influences
- Wear-free power transmission - reduced maintenance and repairs
Typical fields of use
Hydrodynamic couplings transmit mechanical power from the motor to the driven machine via a flow of fluid. This occurs by means of two bladed wheels positioned face to face. The primary wheel (red) is connected with the motor and acts like a rotary pump, the secondary wheel (blue) is connected to the driven machine and acts like a turbine. Power transmission is proportional to the fill level in the working circuit. As a result of the mechanical separation of the drive and driven sides, the hydrodynamic couplings transfer the power wear-free and dampen the torsional vibration and torque shocks in the drive chain at the same time.
Constant-filled couplings are self-contained drive components. The different types of constant-filled couplings are mainly differentiated by the volumetric chambers , where their automatically controlled fill and emptying have a decisive influence upon start-up behavior. The demand of the drive application determines the coupling type and capacity. Constant-filled couplings are mainly used for soft start up, torque limiting and influencing the torsional vibration behavior of the drive system.
Voith doesn't just supply couplings, we are also your engineering partner for customer-specific drive solutions:
- Designing of complete drives
- Dimensioning the coupling for the optimal use of your system
- Analysis and optimization of the operating state of drives in existing systems (retrofit)
- We can advise you about the selection of optimal start-up technologies
- Competence in systems for all mining equipment and the bulk material industry