Fluid coupling type TDM-SAE
The constant-filled fluid coupling type TDM-SAE is used in drives for diesel engines for mobile shredding machines. The coupling is suitable for accelerating moderate masses. Thanks to the hydrodynamic principle, the fluid coupling dampens torsional vibration and protects the drive components against overload. This increases the productivity of your system.
Voith Turbo GmbH & Co. KG
74564 Crailsheim, Germany
Sales, Technical Consulting, Quotations
Tel. +49 7951 32-409
Fax +49 7951 32-213
Service, Spare parts, Repair
Tel. +49 7951 32-1020
Fax +49 7951 32-554
Emergency Helpline (after hours)
+49 7951 32-599
Benefits and uses
- Reduced Load engine run-up
- Smooth start-up of driven machine
- Protects the drive components in case of an overload
- Dampens torsional vibration in the drive
- Protects system components - the service life of your system increases
- Robust and unsusceptible to environmental influences
- Wear-free power transmission - reduces maintenance and repairs
Typical fields of use
Dimensions in mm
The fluid coupling TDM-SAE is flanged directly to the motor.
Hydrodynamic couplings transmit mechanical power from the motor to the driven machine via a flow of fluid. This occurs by means of two bladed wheels positioned face to face. The primary wheel (red) is connected with the motor and acts like a rotary pump, the secondary wheel (blue) is connected to the driven machine and acts like a turbine. Power transmission is proportional to the fill level in the working circuit. As a result of the mechanical separation of the drive and driven sides, the hydrodynamic couplings transfer the power wear-free and dampen the torsional vibration and torque shocks in the drive chain at the same time.
Constant-filled couplings are self-contained drive components. The different types of constant-filled couplings are mainly differentiated by the additional chambers , where their automatically controlled fill and emptying have a decisive influence upon start-up behavior. The demand of the drive technology determines the coupling type and capacity. Constant-filled couplings are mainly used for soft start , torque limitation control and influencing the torsional vibration behavior of the drive .
Voith doesn't just supply couplings, we are also your engineering partner for customer-specific drive solutions:
- Designing of complete drives
- Dimensioning the coupling for the optimal use of your system
- Analysis and optimization of the operating state of drives in existing systems (retrofit)
- We can advise you about the selection of optimal start-up technologies
- Competence in systems for all mining equipment and the bulk material industry