Fluid coupling type TPW
The fill-controlled fluid coupling type TPW is predominantly used in drives for separators and centrifuges. The fluid coupling supported by the motor is mounted in a housing directly on to the driven machine. Thanks to the fluid coupling, only a minimum power requirement is needed when starting up the decanter.
Thanks to the hydrodynamic principle, the fluid coupling gently accelerates the high mass decanter/centrifuge without overloading the motor, dampens torsional vibrations and torque shocks. This protects your drive and power supply and increases the productivity of your system.
For type TPW, water is used as the operating medium. As water is a non-combustible and environmentally-friendly operating medium, it is usually available on-site.
Voith Turbo GmbH & Co. KG
74564 Crailsheim, Germany
Sales, Technical Consulting, Quotations
Tel. +49 7951 32-409
Fax +49 7951 32-213
Service, Spare parts, Repair
Tel. +49 7951 32-1020
Fax +49 7951 32-554
Emergency Helpline (after hours)
+49 7951 32-599
Benefits and uses
- Load-free motor run-up
- Smooth start-up of driven machine
- Protects the drive in case of an overload
- Dampens torsional vibration in the drive
- Protects system components - the service life of your system increases
- Robust and unsusceptible to environmental influences
- Wear-free power transmission - less work in maintenance and repairs
Typical fields of use
Hydrodynamic couplings transmit mechanical power from the motor to the driven machine via a flow of fluid. This occurs by means of two bladed wheels positioned face to face. The primary wheel (red) is connected with the motor and acts like a rotary pump, the secondary wheel (blue) is connected to the driven machine and acts like a turbine. Power transmission is proportional to the fill level in the working circuit. As a result of the mechanical separation of the drive and driven sides, the hydrodynamic couplings transfer the power wear-free and dampen the torsional vibration and torque shocks in the drive chain at the same time.
Voith doesn't just supply couplings, we are also your engineering partner for customer-specific drive solutions:
- Designing of complete drives
- Dimensioning the coupling for the optimal use of your system
- Analysis and optimization of the operating state of drives in existing systems (retrofit)
- We can advise you about the selection of optimal start-up technologies
- Competence in systems for all mining equipment and the bulk material industry