Fluid coupling type TV..F
The fluid coupling type TV..F is a constant-filled coupling used in drives for armored face conveyors, transfer conveyors and crushers. Centrifugal valves control the filling and draining of the working circuit of the coupling and thus the power transmission. The motor starts up almost load-free, even in the event of voltage drops. The coupling torque is relieved shock-free and continuously until the required breakaway torque of the system is built up. This allows overloaded driven machines to be started up.
The driven machine starts up extremely gently and the increase in torque is dependent upon the load. The coupling also protects the drive against overload and dampens torsional vibration. This protects your system and increases its productivity.
We offer fluid couplings with operating medium as water (type TWV..F) especially for potentially explosive atmospheres or with outer casing made from spheroidal cast iron (type TUV..F) for use in operations with respective material requirements.
Voith Turbo GmbH & Co. KG
74564 Crailsheim, Germany
Sales, Technical Consulting, Quotations
Tel. +49 7951 32-409
Fax +49 7951 32-213
Service, Spare parts, Repair
Tel. +49 7951 32-1020
Fax +49 7951 32-554
Emergency Helpline (after hours)
+49 7951 32-599
Benefits and uses
- Load-free motor run-up
- Smooth start-up of driven machine
- Protects the drive in case of an overload
- Dampens torsional vibration in the drive
- Automatic reaction to voltage drops and motor protection
- Protects system components - the service life of your system increases
- Robust and unsusceptible to environmental influences
- Wear-free power transmission - reduces maintenance and repairs
- Automatic load sharing in multi-motor drives protects your motor against overload
- Sequential startup of the motors reduces the load on the supply circuit
Typical fields of use
- Armored-face conveyors
- Stage Loader
The installation dimensions and performance characteristics correspond with the couplings.
Hydrodynamic couplings transmit mechanical power from the motor to the driven machine via a flow of fluid. This occurs by means of two bladed wheels positioned face to face. The primary wheel (red) is connected with the motor and acts like a rotary pump, the secondary wheel (blue) is connected to the driven machine and acts like a turbine. Power transmission is proportional to the fill level in the working circuit. As a result of the mechanical separation of the drive and driven sides, the hydrodynamic couplings transfer the power wear-free and dampen the torsional vibration and torque shocks in the drive chain at the same time.
Constant-filled couplings are self-contained drive components. The different types of constant-filled couplings are mainly differentiated by the volumetric chambers , where their automatically controlled fill and emptying have a decisive influence upon start-up behavior. The demand of the drive application determines the coupling type and capacity. Constant-filled couplings are mainly used for soft start, torque limitation and dampening the torsional vibration behavior of the drive.
Voltage drops in the supply circuit may occur frequently underground. If the motor becomes overloaded and the speed drops to a certain switching speed (nV2), the centrifugal valves and operating fluid flow out of the working circuit back into the delay chamber. This reduces the torque transmission rating, the motor is relieved and re-accelerates to full speed. Once the valve switching speed (nV1) has been reached again, the centrifugal valves close and the operating fluid flows back in the working circuit and the torque transferred increases. This procedure is repeated until the supply circuit has re-stabilized.
Voith doesn't just supply couplings, we are also your engineering partner for customer-specific drive solutions:
- Designing of complete drives
- Dimensioning the coupling for the optimal use of your system
- Analysis and optimization of the operating state of drives in existing systems (retrofit)
- We can advise you about the selection of optimal start-up technologies
- Competence in systems for all mining equipment and the bulk material industry