Highly Flexible K Coupling
K couplings are the standard for our highly flexible couplings. They feature modular design and can be integrated into your drive system with a high degree of flexibility. This makes this type of coupling an ideal and cost-effective choice for many applications in a wide range of industrial sectors.
K couplings dampen torsional vibrations and torque shocks in the driveline. In addition, K couplings balance axial, radial, and angular displacements. The operational stability and service life of your plant or your vehicle are increased, which in turn increases availability and reduces life cycle costs.
Bell-house bearing models and models with torsional limiting device are optional.
Voith GmbH & Co. KGaA
45307 Essen, Germany
Phone +49 201 55783-61
Fax +49 201 55783-65
|Torque||up to 140 kNm|
|Speed||up to 13,000 rpm|
Advantages and benefits
- Resonance speeds are shifted into non-critical speed ranges. The system runs quieter, increasing comfort when operating the equipment or vehicle.
- Elastomer elements dampen torsional vibration peaks that occur in the driveline. Thanks to their elasticity, these elements reduce the stresses on the driveline caused by internal combustion engines or load-side units with their natural fluctuations in torque. Your system or vehicle runs with a high degree of operational durability. And that increases productivity.
- The coupling takes the load off all of the drive components, increasing their service life and reducing maintenance costs. The net result is a positive impact on the life cycle costs (LCC) for your system or vehicle – not to mention preventing consequential expenses arising from downtime.
- Its modularity makes this coupling extremely flexible with respect to function and design. You get a coupling that is precisely matched to your driveline's technical and design requirements. Standardized components ensure an optimal cost/benefit ratio.
- The K coupling features a high torque capacity. You save installation space while at the same time transferring high torque safely and reliably.
- Rail vehicles:
locomotives, railcars, and special-purpose vehicles
- Construction equipment:
all types, e.g., wheel loaders, dump trucks, graders
- Ships and boats:
primary and auxiliary drives, gensets
- Test rigs:
all types, e.g., engine development test rigs, NVH test rigs, end-of-line test rigs
In systems where a diesel engine acts as prime mover, the highly flexible coupling has mainly two functions: moving natural frequencies and damping critical torsional vibration amplitudes. Voith highly flexible couplings are well-suited to these tasks.
We supply not only products, but ideas too. Benefit from our long-established expertise in managing drive system projects.