Highly Flexible R Coupling
Highly flexible R couplings are especially well suited for drives with limited installation space. Compared to other types of couplings, R couplings transmit up to 50% more torque for the same diameter.
R couplings dampen torsional vibrations and torque shocks in the driveline. The operational stability and service life of your system or your vehicle are increased, which in turn increases availability and reduces life cycle costs.
Bell-house bearing models are optional.
Voith Turbo GmbH & Co. KG
45307 Essen, Germany
Phone +49 201 55783-61
Fax +49 201 55783-65
|Torque||up to 15 kNm|
|Speed||up to 3,000 rpm|
Advantages and benefits
- The R coupling features an especially high torque capacity. Compared to other coupling systems, they transmit up to 50% more torque for the same diameter. You save considerably on installation space while at the same time transferring high torques safely and reliably.
- Resonance speeds are shifted into non-critical speed ranges. This means the system runs quieter, increasing comfort when operating the vehicle or equipment.
- Elastomer elements dampen torsional vibration peaks that occur in the driveline. Thanks to their elasticity, these elements reduce the stresses on the driveline caused by internal combustion engines or load-side units with their natural fluctuations in torque. As a result, your system or vehicle operates with a high degree of operational durability. And that increases your productivity.
- The coupling takes the load off all of the drive components, increasing their service life and reducing maintenance costs. The net result is a positive impact on life cycle costs (LCC) – not to mention preventing consequential expenses arising from downtime.
- The coupling design features an axial plug-in connection. This makes the coupling especially well-suited for bell-house mounting, where the driven machine is directly connected to the engine housing. The coupling aligns itself automatically when the drive unit and driven unit are assembled. This reduces the effort and costs associated with installation, fitting, and startup.
- Ships and boats:
main drives, gensets
- Rail vehicles:
locomotives, railcars, and special-purpose vehicles
- Construction equipment:
all types, e.g., wheel loaders, dump trucks, graders, etc.
In systems where a diesel engine acts as prime mover, the highly flexible coupling has mainly two functions: moving natural frequencies and damping critical torsional vibration amplitudes. Voith highly flexible couplings are well-suited to these tasks.
We supply not only products, but ideas too. Benefit from our long-established expertise in managing drive system projects.