Less is more: FlowJec saves resources
Improved efficiency through innovative dosing technology
2014-06-11 - The new FlowJec dosing system from Voith has been in use at Smurfit Kappa Zülpich Papier for nearly three years. Measurements during this period confirm the capability of the system. It was demonstrated that the number of breaks decreased on average by 3.5 per week and also that 11,000 m3 less fresh water per year is now consumed than previously. The use of retention agent has noticeably decreased – due to that alone the investment at Smurfit Kappa was amortized within one year.
50,000 – 250,000 metric tons. This variant will soon be launched on the market.
Advantages at a glance
- Better runnability: 20% - 30% fewer breaks
- Reduced fresh water consumption (11,000 m3/a)
- Better formation (9%)
- More uniform distribution of ash (6%)
- Reduced chemical consumption
- Reduced energy consumption
- Integrated cleaning function
- Simple installation and easy maintenance
- Amortization in less than 12 months