Steel cylinders are the future of drying
With EvoDry steel cylinders, Voith is revolutionizing the paper drying process and facilitating improved papermaking at the highest level of efficiency.
Smart material meets innovative design
The thinner shell of the EvoDry steel cylinders allows heat transfer to be increased by 7%. Above that, the revolutionary design of the Voith drying cylinders enables the maximum level of safety and performance. Using EvoDry, the width of the web can be increased by 160 mm because the shell is welded directly to the head, providing a maximum effective working width. Thanks to their ductile material, EvoDry steel cylinders are especially safe, avoiding the kind of spontaneous breakages that can occur in cast iron cylinders.
Substantial reduction in investment and running costs
The use of EvoDry can reduce the number of drying cylinders in the pre-dryer and after-dryer section. Apart from a reduction of the entire dryer weight by up to 260 t, the length of the building can be cut by 6 m and one drive point can be eliminated. This results in investment costs reduced by EUR 400,000 and an additional drop in annual electricity costs of EUR 80,000.
Efficient drying for any application
The EvoDry steel cylinder offers outstanding performance and is suitable for drying graphic papers as well as board and packaging papers. For the use in tissue machines, Voith offers the EvoDry Y steel yankee.
Note: All values are based on the example of a new packaging paper system for a European customer and an electricity price of 0.06 EUR/kWh.
t +49 7321 37 3482Contact
- Investment costs reduced by EUR 400,000
- Annual electricity costs reduced by EUR 80,000
- Heat transfer improved by 7%
- Homogeneous surface temperature over width of shell
- Dryer weight reduced by 260 metric tons
- Building footprint reduced by 6 m
- 158 kW lower motor output required
- 160 mm wider web with same cylinder width
- More safety thanks to ductile material
- No risk of steam leakage between head and shell