Tensioning devices and guides
Systems for smooth operation
The tensioning devices and guides from Voith ensure smooth operation of the machine at all times.
Reliable tension in the press section
- Vibration-free, and compact design
- Constant felt tensioning
- No measurement inaccuracies or measurement failures
- Low wear and corrosion-free system
- Reliable felt tension measurement
- Longer felt service life
Always an exact dryer fabric tension
In conventional fabric tensioning systems, the measurement point is directly integrated in the tensioning device, which often leads to vibrations and contamination. SensoTension DE ensures exact and reliable dryer fabric tensioning through separation of the tensioning and tension measurement functions.
- Reliable and exact fabric tensioning
- Compact load cell design
- Redundant signal for fabric tension measurement
- No vibrations
Exact and constant belt tension
Unlike conventional belt force sensors, SensoTension LC is dual-channel in its design and thus ensures a constant tension for your paper machine. Due to the continuous comparison of both signals, reliable and stable functioning is ensured and a disproportionate deviation can be detected at an early stage.
SensoTension LC is suitable for horizontal as well as inclined installation situations in the forming, press and dryer sections.
- Reduction of erroneous measurements, since it is not sensitive to contamination
- More measurement accuracy for exact belt tensioning
- Heat resistant for temperatures up to 120°C
- Rugged sensor for an exact and redundant signal
- Longer service life through rugged design
Reliable and careful clothing run
The HDU Guide ensures a safe and smooth clothing run with the lowest air consumption. The roll weight is supported by springs inside the servo cylinder, which keeps the clothing inside the machine even with a pressure loss.
- Reliable directional stability of the clothing provides for malfunction-free operation
- Low maintenance due to a very rugged design and low-wear motion elements
- Low operating costs thanks to low air consumption
- Pressure springs in the actuating cylinder enable operation in the event of compressed air failure
- Wear of web edges extremely low, thus longer fabric life
- Base alignment can compensate negative running characteristics of the fabric caused by rolls that are not optimally aligned
Minimal air consumption through reliable guide operation
The paddle of the pendulum sensor resting against the fabric edge uses a cradle switch to activate two nozzles that control the pressures in the belt-guiding system in the event of belt runoff. The highly accurate design and low contact force of the pendulum sensor serve to maximize fabric life. With low investment costs, clothing wear at the edges can be minimized with the aid of the upgrade.
The HDU pendulum sensor with controller can be mounted on many of the pneumatic guide models used in paper machines. A prior technical verification is required.
- Reliable directional stability of clothing
- Low investment costs
- Resource savings
- Minimal consumption of compressed air
- Low operating costs
- Low maintenance effort
Reliable protection against damage
The reliable alert system is a contactless monitoring of the fabric position in cross direction to the machine. Therefore, one unit will be placed on the tender side and one on the drive side. For maximum safety, switches are present in each unit for the alert and for the shutdown.
The run-out alarm can be used in the forming, press and dryer sections of tissue, board and paper machines.
- Increased safety
- Decrease in accidents
- Prevention of bigger damages
- Usable in wet and dry areas
Your contact - How can we help you?
Engineered for success
Servolution. Service at the next level.
At Voith, service means taking care of issues that matter to our customers and utilizing our full expertise to help them reach their goals.