The HyCon digital governor is designed as an integral part of our HyCon Control System family. Our digital governors combine leading-edge technology with concepts that have proven their reliability and performance under all operating conditions over many years.
By using the best hardware and software available it offers the highest availability. Because of its modular and flexible design, the governor can be customized to satisfy the requirements of every type of turbine.
Our governors are designed to meet the high level of safety standards embedded in all Voith products. The HyCon digital governor has included all control modes required for any type of turbine:
- Speed control
- Opening control (with or without frequency influence)
- Power control (with or without frequency influence)
- Water level control (with or without frequency influence)
- Flow control
- Pump control
Furthermore, our extensive process know-how as a turbine manufacturer enables us to supply:
- Optimized functions for surge control
- Integrated cam-curve optimization
- Individual servomotor control
- Multi-needle control.
Main features of the HyCon digital turbine governor:
- Meets and surpasses all relevant international standards
- Excellent dynamic behavior
- Primary and secondary control
- Parameter access and change without engineering tools
- Independent local operation
- Wide range of redundancy concepts
- Hard- and software diagnostics in the PLC controller
- Flexible remote access solutions
- Optimized interaction with Voith excitation system Thyricon
Proven hardware - Powered by Siemens SIMATIC
The HyCon digital governor is based on Siemens SIMATIC S7 components which represent a worldwide accepted, widely-spread and well established industrial standard characterized by:
Open communication standards are an absolute must for modern governor systems. HyCon governors support a wide range of open interfaces including IEC 60870-5-101/103/104 and IEC 61850.