The SafeSet torque limiting coupling prevents machine damage in high value rotating equipment. It works like a mechanical fuse in the driveline by protecting the system from costly breakdowns. SafeSet is the most precise torque limiter available on the market used in multiple applications such as steel mills, tunnel drilling machines, crushers and many more.
- Maximum driveline protection: damaging inertias disengage at once
- Set torque remains constant over time
- Quick resetting for maximum uptime
- Tailor made to suit individual requirements
The main part of a SafeSet consists of a twin-walled pressure sleeve. Subsequently a pressure cavity is created inside the coupling. By pressurizing oil in the pressure sleeve, it will compress around the shaft and a perfect defined friction grip is created. In an overload situation, when the set torque is exceeded, the SafeSet releases instantly and the shear tube shears off.
The immediate reaction saves the driveline from serious damage and the coupling rotates freely on the bearings until standstill. The sheared shear tube is fast replaced and the coupling is re-pressurized, so that the drive system can go into operation again.
- Instant release in overload situations
- Accurate release torque
- Easy adjustable torque settings