Voith in St. Pölten
The history of Voith in St. Pölten dates back to 1903, when Voith established its first foreign subsidiary at this location in Lower Austria. Initially, paper machines, large grinding machines and turbines were manufactured in the same way as at the headquarters in Heidenheim before the production of hydrodynamic transmissions for land vehicles began in 1932. The site has a total area of 88,000 square meters of which 12,800 square meters are used for production and service. The Divisions Voith Digital Ventures, Voith Hydro and Voith Turbo operate in St. Pölten today.
At Voith, the great challenges of the present and the future are seen as opportunities. Voith offers solutions for the automation and digitalization of hydropower, paper production and mobility, as they will play a decisive role in the digital transformation. Voith also uses its domain knowledge to drive its own digital transformation, as well as that of its customers.
As part of the global IT organization, Voith Digital Ventures in St. Pölten is responsible for engineering applications and enterprise content management in Austria and supports the other IT teams in the areas of BI/BW, project management and mid-range ERP systems, in particular Oracle JD Edwards. In addition, Voith operates a data center at the site and the employees are contact persons for cell phone management, printer management and on-site and repair service.