Pilot operation facilities: get the full potential of your application
Voith Paper Technology Centers worldwide are available for customers to pre-test equipment prior to purchase and help Voith engineers to analyze the efficiency and potential of their R&D activities.
The Technology Centers are constantly updated with the latest machinery and pioneering production processes for the pulp and paper industry. From stock preparation, different paper machine configurations, coating units and calenders to the reel, new configurations can be tested. To minimize investment risks, we thus offer you the opportunity to assess the potential of a new machine or new technologies. All of our facilities are designed to be fully flexible so we can respond to your precise demands.
Your benefits of the Voith pilot facilities
- Testing and comparing of process and machine concepts
- Optimization of raw materials and their treatments for different paper grades
- Determination of operating parameters for start-up preparation
- Minimization of investment risk with process test under realistic conditions
- Development of new processes and products to generate unique selling points
- Troubleshooting of your process without affecting production
- Profit from our experts’ knowledge
- Employee training
Are you ready to experience the pleasure of creating?
Then join us online for the opening ceremony and inauguration of our new pilot coater:
Thursday, September 16, 2021
from 9:30 to 10:00 am and
from 4:30 to 5:00 pm CEST
Our Technology Centers
Fiber Technology Center
The following process steps are available for your stock preparation trial:
Paper and Board Technology Center
Trials can be performed on the following trial facilities:
- Pilot paper machine with two approach flow systems for multi-layer trials
- Pilot reel in industrial scale
- Headbox test rig
- Drying section
Coating Technology Centers
The following coating units are available at our pilot coater:
- Single and multi-layer curtain coater (DynaLayer)
- Film coaters (SpeedSizer)
- Blade or rod coater with free jet applicator (JetFlow F)
- Size press
In addition, small scale trials can be performed at our curtain test-rig.
Calendering Technology Center
Our pilot calender (1x3 configuration) is equipped as follows:
- Soft and hard nip calender (EcoCal Soft/Hard/Plus)
- Moisturizer and steam boxes
- IR panel
- Climate chamber
We also offer trials at our calender test-rig.
Specialty Technology Center
In the Specialty Technology Center, tests on the inclined wire simulate production conditions. By using our pilot plants, we ensure tailor-made machines that offer optimal performance at your facility from the first day. In addition, operating parameters can be determined to prepare for system commissioning at your paper mill. The clothing can also be tested and optimized beforehand.
Key physical parameters can then be measured and evaluated in the adjacent laboratory.
In addition to the standard measurements we offer:
- Fiber morphologies
- Sticky and dirt speck analysis
- Pulper, refiner, flotation in laboratory scale
- Tapio Analyzer
- Contact angle, penetration
- Print tests
- High shear viscosity
- Elongational viscosity (CaBER)
- Dynamic surface tension
- Chemical analysis
- Mechanical and thermo-mechanical analysis
- Computer tomography
Voith pilot operation facilities worldwide
Voith Paper Technology Centers worldwide provide the maximum flexibility. We help you to improve your products, develop new ones that meet your requirements, and fulfill your customers’ needs even further.
At the Specialty Technology Center in Düren, Germany, focus lays on wet-laid processes. Moreover, new forest-based and non-forest-based products can be developed and tested. Customers benefit from two pulpers, three machine chests, a refiner and deflaker that support the development of new wet-laid products.
- Wet-laid Nonwovens
- Bank Notes
Technology centers in Heidenheim cover all stock preparation processes, paper machine testing as well as pilot coater and calender. Besides troubleshooting and the optimization of new processes, focus lays on the exploration of new furnish types, assistance in new product development and the comparison of different machine process concepts.
- Board & Packaging
- Stock Preparation
- Paper Machine
Our trained experts at our Technology Center in Motomiya, Japan, support customers expecially from the APAC region and carry out trials regarding coating and stock preparation processes and new product developments.
- Stock Preparation