Highly Flexible D Coupling
Highly flexible D couplings are especially well-suited for engine test rigs for testing 1‑ to 3-cylinder internal combustion engines. D couplings feature a high torsional flexibility and high torque capacity. Development test rigs, continuous-running test rigs, and end-of-line test rigs operate safely and reliably with this coupling at speeds of up to 10 000 rpm.
D couplings shift a system's critical resonance frequencies below the operational speed range. In addition, the couplings dampen undesirable alternating torques. This increases the service life of all the test rig drive components. Your test rig operates with a high level of availability.
The D coupling's modular design enables very flexible integration into a wide variety of engine test rigs. We adapt the length of the coupling, connections, and torsional rigidity to your test rig.
Voith Turbo GmbH & Co. KG
45307 Essen, Germany
Phone +49 201 55783-61
Fax +49 201 55783-65
|Torque||up to 780 Nm|
|Speed||up to 10,000 rpm|
|Mounting options||Cardan shaft mounting|
|Elastomer types||Natural rubber (NR): 45 ShA, 50 ShA, 60 ShA|
|Ambient temperature||-40°C – +90°C|
|Optional||Modification of flange connections|
Advantages and benefits
- D couplings feature high torsional flexibility. This makes it possible to reproduce test cycles more precisely in supercritical operation and to achieve particularly precise test results.
- A built-in spherical joint ensures balance between the engine and the power take-off. This test rig coupling is suited for engine speeds of up to 10 000 rpm. High-speed engines can be tested up to their maximum speed in most cases.
- The coupling's modular design makes it easy to integrate into a wide variety of engine test rigs. The connections can be adapted to almost all types of engines and dynos. This saves on adaptation expenses and allows you to build a better design with a shorter lever arm.
- All connected units are relieved when moving through the resonance speed (engine start) and in other speed ranges. This extends the service life of all the test rig driveline components. Higher availability and lower life cycle costs (LCC) for your system increase your profits.
- Engine test rigs with low excitation orders
Series BR 1xx
In systems where a diesel engine acts as prime mover, the highly flexible coupling has mainly two functions: moving natural frequencies and damping critical torsional vibration amplitudes. Voith highly flexible couplings are well-suited to these tasks.
We supply not only products, but ideas too. Benefit from our long-established expertise in managing drive system projects.