DIN EN 15227
DIN EN 15227 and TSI 2008
The requirements on the passive safety of rail vehicles have been described in various documents and norms with the aim of alleviating the consequences of collisions:
- Standards for crash requirements: European norm DIN EN 15227:2008 (requirements on the collision safety of rail vehicle bodies).
- Compatibility for rail systems: TSI 2008 (Technical specification for the interoperability of the subsystem vehicles of the Trans-European high-speed system).
In these documents, the following goals are formulated:
- Reduction of the risk of overriding
- Reduction of the risk of derailing
- Prevention of penetration of obstacles
- Controlled absorption of collision energy
- Preservation of a survival space for rail vehicle drivers
Voith Turbo GmbH & Co KG
38239 Salzgitter, Germany
Tel. +49 5341 21-02