Fluid coupling type DTPKWL2
The DTPKWL2 fill-controlled fluid couplings are especially suited for heavy-duty use in armored face conveyors in underground coal mines. This coupling provides optimal startup as well as operational control of the armored face conveyor. The high thermal capacity allows multiple starts for even heavily loaded conditions. The DTPKWL2 coupling significantly increases system availability resulting in the highest productivity of your system.
The coupling's hydrodynamic circuit is specially designed for your chain conveyor. The coupling limits the torque in the drive train to a fixed value. This protects the chain and all the drive components from damage. The availability of the armored face conveyor is increased and maintenance costs are kept low.
The coupling works using water; a non-combustible, environmentally-friendly operating medium. In addition, water is always available underground. No costly additional explosion protection measures are needed for the coupling.
Voith GmbH & Co. KGaA
74564 Crailsheim, Germany
Sales, Technical Consulting, Quotations
Tel. +49 7951 32-409
Fax +49 7951 32-213
Service, Spare parts, Repair
Tel. +49 7951 32-1020
Fax +49 7951 32-554
24/7 Technical Emergency Helpline
+49 7951 32-1616
Benefits and uses
- Unloaded motor run-up
- Smooth start-up of driven machine
- Protection of the drive chain in case of an overload
- Torsional vibration dampening of the drive chain
- Unlimited start up attempts following a blocked armored face conveyor
- Optimally set the torque limit for your system
- Protects system components - the service life of your system increases
- Robust and unsusceptible to environmental influences
- Wear-free power transmission - reduced maintenance and repairs
- Automatic load sharing in multi-motor drives protects your motor against overload
- Timely, stepped run-up of the motors reduces the load on the supply circuit
Typical fields of use
- Armored face conveyors
|Type||Power at 1500 rpm||Maximum torque|
|487 DTPKWL2||400 kW||7000 Nm|
|562 DTPKWL2||630 kW||9000 Nm|
Dimensions in mm
Hydrodynamic couplings transmit mechanical power from the motor to the driven machine via a flow of fluid. This occurs by means of two bladed wheels positioned face to face. The primary wheel (red) is connected with the motor and acts like a rotary pump, the secondary wheel (blue) is connected to the driven machine and acts like a turbine. Power transmission is proportional to the fill level in the working circuit. As a result of the mechanical separation of the drive and driven sides, the hydrodynamic couplings transfer the power wear-free and dampen the torsional vibration and torque shocks in the drive chain at the same time.
With fill-controlled couplings, a control device continuously changes the transmission behaviour. This is carried out by changing the filling level and is made possible by controlling the flow of the operating fluid supply and draining using valves.
Fill-controlled couplings have an external fluid circuit that is also used for cooling. This is why these couplings have a very high thermal capacity that makes longer start up procedures with high loads possible. This increases the productivity and reliability of your system.
When starting, fill-controlled couplings are completely empty thus enabling a load-free motor run-up. This relieves and protects the motor and electric network.
With deviations in the water supply network, ACC offers you the best possible solution. ACC ensures that your coupling always has an optimal water fill level, thus ensuring stable and high power transmission. ACC generates the process to automatically maintain the optimal fill level. A light and sturdy valve unit significantly eases coupling control. The design of the valve stands out due to its very low maintenance requirement. This increases the productivity and cost-effectiveness of your system. ACC is suitable for new couplings as well as for existing units.
Voith doesn't just supply couplings, we are also your engineering partner for customer-specific drive solutions:
- Designing of complete drives
- Dimensioning the coupling for the optimal use of your system
- Analysis and optimization of the operating state of drives in existing systems (retrofit)
- We can advise you about the selection of optimal start-up technologies
- Competence in systems for all mining equipment and the bulk material industry