Fluid coupling type TPKD-SAE
The fill-controlled fluid couplings type TPD-SAE and TPKD-SAE are used in drives with diesel engines for mobile shredding and crushing machines. The TPD-SAE and TPKD-SAE are suitable for accelerating very heavy masses with high breakaway torque. The filling level of the coupling can be controlled. This allows load-free engine run-up and controlling of the torque.
When emptied completely, the torque transmission of the fluid coupling from the engine to the driven machine is decoupled (hydrodynamic clutching function). Thanks to the hydrodynamic principle, the fluid coupling dampens the torsional vibration and protects the drive chain against overload. This increases the productivity of your equipment.
Voith Turbo GmbH & Co. KG
74564 Crailsheim, Germany
Sales, Technical Consulting, Quotations
Tel. +49 7951 32-409
Fax +49 7951 32-213
Service, Spare parts, Repair
Tel. +49 7951 32-1020
Fax +49 7951 32-554
Emergency Helpline (after hours)
+49 7951 32-599
Benefits and uses
- Load-free start and idle speed operation
- Smooth start-up of driven machine
- Protects the drive in case of an overload
- Dampens torsional vibration in the drive chain
- Protects system components - the service life of your system increases
- Accelerates heavy masses with high breakaway torque
- Hydrodynamic switching function
- Allows stored energy in the rotors to be released during surge loads
- Robust and unsusceptible to environmental influences
- Wear-free power transmission - less work in maintenance and repairs
Typical fields of use
- Pump drives
Hydrodynamic couplings transmit mechanical power from the motor to the driven machine via a flow of fluid. This occurs by means of two bladed wheels positioned face to face. The primary wheel (red) is connected with the motor and acts like a rotary pump, the secondary wheel (blue) is connected to the driven machine and acts like a turbine. Power transmission is proportional to the fill level in the working circuit. As a result of the mechanical separation of the drive and driven sides, the hydrodynamic couplings transfer the power wear-free and dampen the torsional vibration and torque shocks in the drive chain at the same time.
With fill-controlled couplings, a control device continuously changes the transmission behaviour. This is carried out by changing the filling level and is made possible by controlling the flow of the operating fluid supply and draining using valves.
Fill-controlled couplings have an external fluid circuit that is also used for cooling. This is why these couplings have a very high thermal capacity that makes longer start up procedures with high loads possible. This increases the productivity and reliability of your system.
When starting, fill-controlled couplings are completely empty thus enabling a load-free engine run-up. This relieves and protects the engine.
Voith doesn't just supply couplings, we are also your engineering partner for customer-specific drive solutions:
- Designing of complete drives
- Dimensioning the coupling for the optimal use of your system
- Analysis and optimization of the operating state of drives in existing systems (retrofit)
- We can advise you about the selection of optimal start-up technologies
- Competence in systems for all mining equipment and the bulk material industry