Fluid coupling type TVV
The fluid coupling type TVV is equivalent to the fluid coupling type TV, enhanced with an enlarged delay chamber. When starting up, there is much less operating fluid in the working circuit. The driven machine starts up even more gently and the torque limitation behavior is stronger during start-up. The coupling also protects the drive against overload and dampens torsional vibration. It protects your system and increases productivity.
The fluid coupling type TVV is predominantly used in drives in conveyor technology (belt conveyor, plate conveyor) and for shredding machines.
This fluid coupling is also available with two working circuits (type DTVV) The parallel acting circuits double the power transmission.
We offer fluid couplings with water as the operating medium (type TWVV) especially for potentially explosive atmospheres or with outer casing made of spheroidal cast iron (type TUVV) for use in operations with relevant material requirements.
Temperature monitoring systems (MTS, BTS, BTM) increase the availability of the drive and boost the productivity of the system.
Voith Turbo GmbH & Co. KG
74564 Crailsheim, Germany
Sales, Technical Consulting, Quotations
Tel. +49 7951 32-409
Fax +49 7951 32-213
Service, Spare parts, Repair
Tel. +49 7951 32-1020
Fax +49 7951 32-554
Emergency Helpline (after hours)
+49 7951 32-599
Benefits and uses
- Load-free motor run-up
- Smooth start-up of driven machine
- Protects the drive in case of an overload
- Dampens torsional vibration in the drive
- Protects system components - the service life of your system increases
- Robust and unsusceptible to environmental influences
- Wear-free power transmission - reduces maintenance and repairs
- Automatic load sharing in multi-motor drives protects your motor against overload
- Sequential startup of the motors reduces the load on the supply circuit
Typical fields of use
- Belt conveyors
- Plate conveyors
|Type||A||D||L||d1 max.||d2 max.||l2 max.|
|866 DTVV||1125||978||On request|
Dimensions in mm
Hydrodynamic couplings transmit mechanical power from the motor to the driven machine via a flow of fluid. This occurs by means of two bladed wheels positioned face to face. The primary wheel (red) is connected with the motor and acts like a rotary pump, the secondary wheel (blue) is connected to the driven machine and acts like a turbine. Power transmission is proportional to the fill level in the working circuit. As a result of the mechanical separation of the drive and driven sides, the hydrodynamic couplings transfer the power wear-free and dampen the torsional vibration and torque shocks in the drive chain at the same time.
Constant-filled couplings are self-contained drive components. The different types of constant-filled couplings are mainly differentiated by the volumetric chambers , where their automatically controlled fill and emptying have a decisive influence upon start-up behavior. The demand of the drive application determines the coupling type and capacity. Constant-filled couplings are mainly used for soft start, torque limitation and dampening the torsional vibration behavior of the drive.
Voith doesn't just supply couplings, we are also your engineering partner for customer-specific drive solutions:
- Designing of complete drives
- Dimensioning the coupling for the optimal use of your system
- Analysis and optimization of the operating state of drives in existing systems (retrofit)
- We can advise you about the selection of optimal start-up technologies
- Competence in systems for all mining equipment and the bulk material industry