Voith winder upgrades
More capacity, better quality and improved safety
Voith upgrade solutions allow you to optimize your winder to address the specific goals and situations you require.
We have developed a wide range of upgrades to optimize the performance of your winder, including automation and drive upgrades. Our solutions offer more capacity, better quality and improved personnel safety. These upgrades are suitable for different winder models.
Higher speed, faster roll change
Smart solutions with great effects: With Voith capacity upgrades, maximum production speeds can be achieved and change times for parent and finished rolls can be accomplished significantly faster.
Saves up to 60 seconds per format change
- Fast and automatic format change --> up to one minute time saving with every format change
- Increased winder production due to less lost time --> 30 min/day less lost time = 2% capacity increase
- No manual work by operator necessary
- Increased safety due to no operator interference
- Easy upgrade to existing winder
For higher production speeds and better winding results
During the winding process, vibrations can occur in winders processing paper with high friction values. With the hydro-pneumatic damping SmoothRun bearings, these vibrations are greatly minimized, and the machine can be consistently operated at high production speeds. This not only achieves a significant increase in capacity but also avoids undesirable winding defects. Thanks to an optimized retrofit concept, conversion to SmoothRun is easy without major modifications to the existing machine.
- Significant capacity increase with higher production speeds
- Better winding results by avoiding winding defects
- Reduced mechanical stress on the winder minimizes maintenance requirements
- Easy retrofitting of existing winders
For quick and clean splicing
FlyingSplice enables fully automatic reel changes in record time. The overlapping connection of the two paper webs is suitable for many applications.
ButtSplice is an automated solution for a perfect splice without web overlap. This connection can easily pass through printing machines and other demanding finishing processes.
- Significantly shortened parent roll change times
- Enhanced safety with automated processes
- Both systems available as customized solutions for a wide range of customer requirements
For a significantly faster set change
- Adhesion and perforation in a single step
- Significantly faster set change
- Solutions available for all popular basis weights
- Flexibility through hot-melt or tape adhesive application
Customized solutions for better precision, quality and improved safety
Voith quality upgrades allow you to optimize the production process according to your requirements. Solutions are available for the most diverse process steps, for example, automatic slitter positioning for better precision and a wide range of roll covers for perfect winding results.
For a faster pattern change, higher precision and less waste
- Highest cut precision (+/- 0.25 mm | +/- 0.01 in)
- Lower susceptibility to errors
- Higher production capacity
A clean slitter section for reduced cleaning effort
- Automatic dust extraction at the slitters
- Reduced wear of the machine's moving parts
- Less dust entering into the finished rolls
- Less dust in the machine and environment
- Reduced maintenance and cleaning costs
For better quality and significantly larger finished rolls
- Increased winding quality
- Processing of larger and heavier rolls
For perfectly separated finished rolls
- Cleanly separated finished rolls for narrow patterns and high winding speeds
- Fewer rejects due to reduced quality issues
- Improved winding quality
Mitigating danger, increasing work safety
Personnel safety during operation and maintenance of winders is top priority. Our smart safety upgrades allow for automation and decreased time for various work and maintenance processes. The upgrade solutions make important contributions to greater safety in the workplace.
For fast and safe paper web threading
- Safety through automated process
- Fast and reliable
- Increased capacity due to shorter machine stops
For a quick and safe blade change in a few easy steps
- Blade replacement without tools in record time
- Time savings during replacement
- Greater safety through simple change procedures
- Higher capacity due to shorter machine downtimes
Automation and drive upgrades
State-of-the-art control systems
Our future-oriented winder control is impressive – not only because of its high precision, reliability and ease of operation, but also for its wide range of options in terms of reporting, analysis and remote service functions. With Voith automation and drive upgrades, these potentials can be utilized systematically, thus optimizing performance and reliability of the winders and making them future-proof.
State-of-the-art automation solutions
- Increased performance through a homogeneous hardware and software environment
- Future-proof through state-of-the-art technology
- Improved availability of spare parts
- Cost-effective maintenance through diagnostic functions and remote service
How can we help you?
Optimum performance and maximum availability
Winder technology service
- Increased production due to higher speed and faster change times
- Time and money savings due to improved availability
- Fast identification of the winder bottlenecks in terms of capacity, quality and safety
- Reduced total maintenance costs
- Expert remote support 24/7
- Wide range of options in terms of reporting, analysis, and remote service functions
Reference case: W. Hamburger
"Over the years, this strong partnership has really helped us to maximize capacity and cutting quality." Andreas Prenner, Head of Work Preparation from Hamburger Containerboard – Prinzhorn Group gave us great insights into their cooperation with Voith.
Voith Paper Newsletter
Always get the latest updates on new products and services, projects, campaigns and success stories as well as upcoming exhibitions and conferences – straight to your inbox.Subscribe now