Excellence in drying efficiency and runability
Depending on paper grade, drying concepts aid in ensuring the web is free of wrinkles and reducing the moisture content to approximately 8% with a consistently accurate CD moisture profile.
Drying concepts consist of a defined number of steam-heated drying cylinders in direct contact with the wet paper as it leaves the press section, which finally leads to a curl-free paper.
The wet paper after press section contains about 50% water. For water removal, thermal energy (steam) is applied, causing the water to evaporate as it passes through the dryer section.
Portfolio of drying concepts
The dryer setion must deliver a consistently accurate CD moisture profile and a fast and smooth transport of the paper web. While the single-tier designs tend to encourage curl, conventional two-tier solutions quickly reach their limits at high speeds. The steam-heated drying cylinders are arranged vertically. This is why the paper web does not need to be remoistened and dried, which results in enormous savings of valuable thermal energy. DuoDry CC is powered exclusively by steam, the most inexpensive heating medium. There is no longer a need for additional moisturizers.
As energy efficiency increasingly becomes a significant factor in paper manufacturing, DuoDry CC can be deployed to save valuable thermal energy and increase the machine availability of your mill in the long term.
Your benefits with DuoDry CC
- Sustainable high machine availability and efficiency at very high production speeds
- Low maintenance effort
- Significant energy cost savings
- Lower CO2 emissions
Installed beneath the dryer cylinders are drilled stabilizer rolls that are suctioned via ProRelease+ or DuoStabilizers. The stabilizers fix the paper web on the dryer fabric so that it is crease-free during the entire drying process and guided from drying cylinder to drying cylinder. If there is a break, the broke falls onto a conveyor belt and is transported into the pulper. By means of short dryer groups at the beginning and end of the dryer section, expansion and longitudinal shrinkage of the web are compensated for, so no creases or breaks occur.
TopDuoRun is used in dryer sections, especially if high production speeds are required.
Your benefits with TopDuoRun
- Maximum runability and efficiency at highest speeds
- Supported web run along the entire dryer section
- Reliable ropeless tail transfer
Your benefits with CombiDuoRun
- Contact drying on both sides (curl control)
- Supported web run in the area of low web strength
- Ropeless tail transfer in single- and double-tier groups
Voith key components have the highest energy efficiency on the market combined with excellent runability, leading to the lowest operating costs for our valued customers.
Smart material meets innovative design
Substantial reduction in investment and running costs
The EvoDry steel cylinder offers outstanding performance and is suitable for drying graphic papers as well as board and packaging papers.
Your benefits with EvoDry
- Investment costs reduced by EUR 400,000
- Annual electricity costs reduced by EUR 80,000
- Heat transfer improved by up to 10%
- Homogeneous surface temperature over width of shell
- Dryer weight reduced by 260 metric tons
- Building footprint reduced by 6 m
- 158 kW lower motor output required
- 160 mm wider web with same cylinder width
- More safety thanks to ductile material
- No risk of steam leakage between head and shell
Optimum web stabilization and tail threading
Your contact – How can we help you?
Global Product Manager
t +49 7321 37 3482Contact
Engineered for success
Our deep expertise is proven in many successful installations all over the world.