OnCare is a sustainable way to increase plant productivity by decreasing unplanned and planned downtime while simultaneously increasing the efficiency at which machines can be maintained. This allows for maintenance efforts to be optimized and costs minimized.
Maintenance can be a long and inconvenient process, resulting in extensive and costly downtime. When the downtime in unplanned, the cause of the issue has to be identified, spare parts organized, and maintenance staff scheduled. Planned downtime too can be a time consuming and risky effort as the situation has to be manually evaluated with manual effort.
The OnCare systems are specifically designed to decrease these costs and efforts and the troubles they pose to the customer. Digital solutions monitor plants, recognize problem areas, and automatically generate applicable long-term data. This way, unplanned downtimes can be avoided and planned downtimes can be coordinated to optimize time, cost, and efficiency. These concepts increase plant uptime and decrease maintenance costs.
Solutions of OnCare.Asset:
Improving maintenance service and support
- Organization efficiency
- Cost control
- Convenient planning
- Maintenance strategy
- Implementation support
- Specific expert training
- Predefined maintenance processes
Efficient management and information are the key roles for successful implementation and optimization of costs and service
The OnCare.Asset Rail Life-Cycle-Management System continuously accompanies the life cycle of vehicles, fleets and their components. The retrieval of economic and technical data via the OnCare.Asset Rail Internet portal shows trends at a glance and ensures the transparency that is required for ongoing optimization.
- Supervision and tracking of vehicle fleets
- Implementation of maintenance
- Condition Monitoring
- Vehicle and process optimization
OnCare.Asset Rail allows to identify weaknesses and introduce targeted measures, so that technical failures are reduced while the availability, reliability and safety of your vehicles and/or fleets are increased while taking into account documentation responsibilities.
Logistics and communications become more efficient, as all relevant information including current operating, diagnosis and position data is at your disposal. You are directly integrated into the planning and maintenance process.
- Reduction of maintenance costs
- Minimization of downtimes and failures
- Optimization of maintenance concepts
Solutions of OnCare.Health:
Intelligent sound analysis for hydropower plants with Voith OnCare.Acoustic
Hydropower plants are already highly automated today. As hydropower plants are often located in remote areas, problems might remain undetected and could cause severe damage to equipment. Many hydropower plants are unmanned, relying on regular service cycles and monitoring systems to discover any anomalies that could lead to dangerous incidents. Without monitoring systems and advanced analytics, hydropower plant operators risk possibly dangerous conditions, especially with equipment that has no condition monitoring or is not continuously observed.
Modular packages for individual requirements
Plant operators can be informed about suspicious, detected sounds that have already been preclassified in warnings and alarms. This helps customers to decide if they need to take action. By classifying the events and allocating them to specific equipment, plant operators get further insights into their hydropower plant and thus increase the probability of identifying possibly dangerous conditions, ahead of other alarms.
Additionally, experts from the OnPerformance.Lab offer consulting services that include the analysis of inspection and maintenance reports in combination with operation and condition monitoring data. As a result, customers receive recommendations on how to improve their maintenance and operations.
- Recognize, understand, and interpret sound anomalies
- Modular packages for individual requirements
- Cloud-based application and highest security industry standards
Cloud-based application and highest security industry standards
Landsvirkjun, the national power company of Iceland, and Voith have launched a joint pilot project on intelligent noise analysis in hydropower plants. Voith installed OnCare.Acoustic in the Budarhals hydropower plant in Iceland. It will detect turbine noise that deviates from normal conditions to prevent potential shutdowns in a timely manner. In addition, the continuous analysis of machine data is designed to facilitate an optimized mode of operation and the intelligent scheduling of maintenance work.Read the press release
Services, products, consultancy and software solutions for industrial companies in the field of maintenance, diagnostics and machine monitoring
- OnCare.Health ACIDA Systems are custom-tailored, integrated monitoring solutions suitable for nearly all industrial applications.
- OnSens.Torque sensors are designed to be mounted onto existing drive shafts and spindles, and can be used in the most extreme environments.
- Acceleration Sensors are designed for permanent vibration monitoring in harsh industrial environments. Typical applications are vibration measurements and equipment monitoring.
- Signal Conditioning (AMOD MV 2.1) is a multifunctional signal condition unit for machine monitoring. The device was specially developed for vibration analysis of industrial machinery.
- Troubleshooting and operational measurements
- A wide variety of sensors and interfaces
- Monitoring equipment with diagnostic algorithms
- Development of measures
- Achieve optimal maintenance strategies
- Drive train optimization
- Increased plant availability and processes control
- Suitable machine conditions
- Long term solutions
Overview over machines being maintained, monitored and diagnosed:
- Industrial torque sensors for torque loads from 1 Nm and shafts up to 1500mm (60inch) diameter in size.
- Speed and angle of torsion transducers capable of using the pulse sequences of existing flange joints.
- Monitoring soft- and hardware solutions for industrial applications with multi-sensor signal recording and customized, automated diagnostic features.
- Vibration monitoring of gears, rolling bearings and drive trains.
- Operational measurements and troubleshooting with continuous signal recording for torques, forces, stress, strains, vibrations, temperatures etc. for periods of a few hours to several months.
- Multi-body simulation and stress analysis using the latest software tools and extensive computer capacities
- Remote diagnostics and monitoring system maintenance.
Troubleshooting and field measurements:
Despite the fact, that computer assisted design and simulation tools as well as sensor and monitoring systems are widely used nowadays, process instabilities and machine defects cannot be ruled out completely in daily operations. Questions, which arise when a new generation of machines is designed or plant productivity is increased, cannot be answered with sufficient accuracy, based solely upon simulations. These situations necessitate empiric methods. Operational measurements and troubleshooting - especially for large scale machines and plants, are OnCare.Health Acida’s specialty. Our strengths are machine diagnostics and process analysis using multichannel data acquisition at high sample rates for extended periods of time. We have equipment and software technology at our disposal, which allows us to respond rapidly to national and international enquiries. We analyze torque, force, vibrations, temperatures, and structural tensions and are prepared for adverse conditions - onshore and offshore.
The Health-Check is a package of services, consisting of periodic diagnostic measurements and visual inspections. A Health-Check is comprised of a plant vibration analysis, an examination of plant and process parameters as well as a visual inspection of the machine condition. The Health-Check report then documents the results and contains a catalogue of measures, to help remedy problems or improve plant efficiency. The Health-Check is especially suitable for plants, where continuous monitoring is not justifiable. Regular repetition of Health-Check measurements can however, help detect incipient machine damage. Typical fields of application are: boiler feed pumps, coal mills, wind mills, mill main drives, roller presses etc.
Teleservice – Success based on continuity
By request from many of our customers we monitor plants, machines and processes, equipped with our monitoring systems. On- and Offline data are transmitted to us by modem, wireless technology or over the internet. Report Generator module. The customer then receives status reports or alarm notifications via email or SMS. We perform remote maintenance and updates using the same technological foundation.
Technical consulting in rolling and paper mill technology, maintenance, measurement systems, sensors, signal analysis and load based process and plant optimization. Fatigue and residual lifetime analyses, including FEM calculation. Multi-body simulation: modelling of mechanical or electrical drives as „mass-spring"systems, including the simulation of dynamic behavior. Custom tailored soft- and hardware development.
Supporting early fault detection and preventive maintenance
This monitoring, analysis and diagnostic system combines engineering and manufacturing expertise with operational experience and knowledge. This intelligent system is an important extension within the Hydro family for the portable root cause analysis of machine behavior. Vibration diagnostics and air gap analysis are two examples of well-known and acknowledged machine monitoring methods in the hydropower industry.
- Monitoring: The highly sensitive measuring systems ensure effective condition based monitoring and maintenance to increase the life cycle of rotating machines as well as the plant availability and reliability.
- Analysis: OnCare.Health Hydro systems are specifically designed to meet advanced measurement requirements in order to efficiently support preventive maintenance strategies.
- Diagnostics: A powerful tool for reliable diagnostics and safe operation at all times. Both Voith’s manufacturing expertise and Hydro knowledge is integrated and applied.
- Identification of an individual plant’s optimum condition
- Recognize imminent damage early on
- Optimize modes of operation
- Allow for scheduled maintenance
- Highly sensitive measurement technology
- Intelligent and precise measuring, analysis and diagnostic
- Tailor-made systems & integrated extended knowledge database
A way to predict and plan maintenance activities
- Increased availability
- Optimized maintenance costs
- Minimized risks
- Stabilized quality
- Improved shut down planning
- Higher plant uptime
- Maintenance efficiency
- Root cause identification
- High analytical functionality
- Automatic alert generation
- Creation of maintenance actions (OnCare.Asset integration)
- Available and experienced support
Our Service - Part of Your Business
At Voith, the success of the customer takes center stage. Service means delivering customized service solutions and utilizing our full expertise to help him reach his goals.