We lead the industry in maintenance and modernization of hydroelectric generation facilities. Our field machining equipment exceeds requirements and allows us to work on site and in place to create a custom solution for your needs.
And if the unexpected or unplanned happens, Voith Hydro Services can be on site quickly. We have extensive resources that allow us to provide the manpower and equipment to get you back online.
We restore components using specially designed machine systems applying welding and machining processes through procedures developed and qualified in the test laboratory and repeatedly proven in the field.
This includes machining bottom rings, discharge rings, draft tube liners and upper and lower stay rings. Voith Hydro Services developed and patented technology that allows us to overlay the discharge rings of Kaplan, Francis and Pump turbines.
We have access to the expertise of more than 400 engineers. Many of these engineers originally designed and built the turbines we are now restoring. As a division of Voith Hydro, Voith Hydro Services’ engineers are both home grown and have joined us from other companies, including other brands.
But, no matter the brand, we will restore embedded components to meet OEM standards.
Repairs and procedures include:
- machining with live milling heads or single-point tools
- installing anchors to control distortion during welding
- applying weld build-up with up to eight automatic welding stations
- delivering finished machined surfaces with diametric tolerances of 0.005-inch or better
- producing a finished product with uniform diameters, finish and fairness
- reducing clearance between the blade tips and discharge ring to increase overall efficiency
- giving the discharge ring a consistent contour featuring new material that resists future cavitation
- line boring wicket gate bores, coupling boring of turbine and generator shafts