Voith Linear Jet
High efficiency at all speeds: The Voith Linear Jet
Thanks to its constantly high efficiency, the Voith Linear Jet offers an excellent solution especially for ships with a mixed-use profile ranging between slow and fast speeds. Due to its design, the propulsion system is also distinguished by robustness, low noise emissions and ease of maintenance.
Wide range of applications
Voith provides propulsion systems tailored to a wide range of applications
Reliable, Silent, Efficient
The constantly high efficiency over the entire range of operation makes the compact propulsion concept interesting primarily for wind farm support vessels, yachts, high-speed ferries and comparable applications with a mixed-use profile ranging between slow cruising speed and running at speeds ranging from 25 to 40 knots.
Additional advantages of the VLJ are a shallower draft and a high bollard pull, making it an alternative to propellers or water jets.
Voith Service for Voith Linear Jet (VLJ)
Robust and easy to maintain, low noise and vibration – with consistently outstanding efficiency. This makes the compact Voith Linear Jet (VLJ) propulsion system particularly interesting for wind farm supply vessels, yachts, fast ferries and similar applications with varied operating profiles between slow cruises and trips with speeds ranging from 25 to 40 knots. The VLJ is a powerful alternative to propellers and water jet drives.
With our service, we strive to minimize downtime and maximize the lifespan of your VLJ. To make this possible, we offer you a comprehensive service concept that takes all contingencies into account. Our global service team is pleased to assist you with all your questions.
We offer the following training courses:
- VLJ training (function, handling, minor servicing/maintenance work)
- Individual customer training, also on the customer’s own propellers if desired, e.g., covering the following topics:
- Maintenance and monitoring of the VLJ for reliable operation (machinists)
- Condition assessment of the VLJ for specific maintenance planning (inspectors)
- Configuration and function of the VLJ to correctly identify the required spare parts (procurers)
- Safe handling of the Voith products
- Error prevention
- Qualifying your personnel to perform simple maintenance steps
We offer the following services:
- Very low maintenance outlay with correspondingly low costs due to the very simple and robust design and low complexity
- Only the rotor shaft alignment and bearing clearance measurement should be performed by Voith service personnel or by fitters trained by Voith
- Maintenance, repair and service onsite or at Voith
- Global service network in the local language
- Professional and reliable maintenance/repair by experienced, top-qualified and highly trained Voith service specialists with unique product expertise
- Warranty update after installation of spare parts
- Preserving the value of your VLJ through qualified Voith service and tested, certified original spare parts
- Using our technical service helps you avoid potential damage and unexpected downtime of your vessels. Competent experts and engineers assist you in all areas related to your VLJ
We offer the following services:
- Exclusive use of certified and tested original Voith spare parts with a warranty on the components and work performed
- Fast availability of wear parts through purchase from our webshop
- Spare parts for scheduled overhauls generally available from stock: high planning reliability, resulting in higher availability of the vessels
- Everything from a single source: development, design, production – and service!
- Decades of product experience as an original equipment manufacturer and service provider
- Fast and smooth cooperation and best service thanks to a worldwide network of service locations
- Long-term partnership and planning security are guaranteed due to longstanding corporate stability