Infinity: Highly durable press fabrics for steady-state operation
Laminated structure with the ability to maintain void volume throughout operation
The Infinity press fabric has an especially uniform, high-quality base fabric that results in a laminated structure with the ability to maintain void volume throughout operation.
The Infinity base offers a high degree of contact points and base uniformity. This results in a more uniform pressing surface. Increased pressing uniformity in the nip has the advantage of delivering a smoother sheet. Additionally, dewatering is increased improving overall dryness. The Inifinity laminated structure increases dewatering through mid-nip resiliency. The Infinity bases offer excellent compressibility to allow shorter flow path for the exiting water.
New material and high-end technology
Our Infinity family is now available with cabled yarn in cross direction.
It can be used as seam and endless. The cabled seam has the most efficient twist level in the base fabric with mono loops in the engineered seam area. Due to the cabled yarn batt anchorage is remarkably improved. In addition, it offers higher flexibility for easier endless installation which makes the handling even safer.
ThoughLine offers the newest concept in void volume control
Combinations of the Infinity modules produce an excellent felt that will withstand compaction and maintain void volume. The base system is manufactured with precision and consistency, enables us to offer an advanced product with the greatest dimensional stability and a superior seam zone. This leads to efficient seaming in your toughest environments and stable productivity throughout the life of the fabric. In conclusion, Infinity ToughLine delivers a reliable outcome throughout the fabric lifetime and is the best choice for your paper machine!
How can we help you? Talk to your personal expert:
Upgrade your Press Fabrics
All Infinity press fabrics are available with our PeakElement technology. In addition, our Infinity family is part of Voith's AdvancedPRODUCTS which means that perfectly fitting products are available to improve the papermaking process and maximize savings.
Infinity Product Range
Quick installation, short break-in times and maintained drainage are the key to reach production goals.
The Infinity 2 & 2S is the best press fabric for all press sections including straight through, cluster or shoe presses to reach production and quality goals at the same time. Records are set in the press section!
- Fast start-up: The two layer compressible, resilient laminated bases provide fast fabric saturation.
- Dryness: Base uniformity maintains sheet characteristics and more contact points improve drying.
- Easy seaming: Seam loop spacing and shape allow quick installation and time savings in the range of 25%.
- Paper grades: Graphics (coated, uncoated), Board and packaging, Tissue (bathroom, towel)
Infinity 3 & 3S adjust perfectly to the water handling needs of each application while maintaining optimum sheet contact.
The adabtable Vector layer gives fast start-up and a clean run. As with all of the Infinity Series it is easy to seam and a fast installation is guaranteed.
- Performance: The three layer laminated modular structure for high, medium and low water volumes.
- Better paper: Tailored Vector top layer for uniform nip pressure, improved moisture profiles and better paper quality.
- Easy seaming: Seam loop spacing and shape allow quick installation.
- Paper grades: Linerboard, Corrugating medium, Boxboard, Coated and uncoated freesheet
This 4 layer modular composition of the Infinity family is at home in the rough conditions of any paper mill press section to defend paper quality and paper machine efficiency.
A very sturdy felt that is consistent over lifetime and focused on results giving highest water removal volume and targeted performance at any speed range.
- Dewatering: The laminated modular structure resists compaction for maintained drainage.
- Versatility: Tailored bases can be finetuned for smoothness needs.
- Durability: Laminated structure is extremely durable for high load positions.
- Paper grades: Graphics: coated, uncoated; board, packaging
Infinity Res & Res S are able to run in a variety of press sections providing a wide operating window on water removal levels and press load options.
The specially developed high-tech Res layer delivers outstanding resiliency, providing the press section a smooth and efficient run. Key benefits are high compressibility, resilience and vibration resistance to improve dewatering and keep the fabric clean.
- Dewatering: Due to its modular design the fabric reaches saturation in the mid nip which allows for increased drying.
- Performance: The ability to maintain void volume eliminates the chance for crushing and allows for increased life up to 34%.
- Resiliency: High-tech Res layer has outstanding resiliency providing the press section smooth and efficient run. Vibration reduction in the range of 50% is possible.
- Paper grades: CFS, UCFS, LWC, MWC, SC; containerboard
Infinity Advance manages dewatering and sheet quality.
Controlled dewatering in the press section can increase your dryness after press for more than 1% and save a lot of dryer energy.
- Dewatering: The fine top base combined with the rigid bottom base provides consistent uhle box dewatering.
- Performance: High pressure uniformity gives higher water removal from the sheet.
- Easy Seaming: Seam loop spacing and shape allow quick installation.
- Paper grades: CFS, UCFS; corrugating medium; foodboard, boxboard
Engineered for Success
Success and experience proves us right
Voiths new press felt concept with a laminated structure is well received in paper industry. With the Infinity line, Voith seeks to expand this product line to satisfy the demands of the press fabric market. Infinity provides excellent drainage and maintains resiliency throughout operation to maintain desired dewatering characteristics.
Mill achieved goals for employee safety, desired paper quality and fabric life
Voith provides fast and easy seaming as a result of Infinity seam loops which are perfectly formed with identical loop length, roundness and spacing. Scoring with high efficiencies in decreasing installation time and time reqiurements for overhead crane usage.
Product Manager talking enthusiastically about Infinity
Services for Infinity - Part of your business
Original Voith service ensures the best quality for us. Service means exceeding our customers' expectations.