Disc filter upgrades
Optimization solutions for your disc filter
Enhance the capacity and quality of the dewatering process in your stock preparation process. All Voith and conventional disc filters can be upgraded to these new high-quality products.
Excellent dewatering performance and availability of your disc filter
Star product BaglessPlus
Disc filter sectors that do not require maintenance-prone filter bags - unthinkable until 1998. Since its first installation in 1998 in Shotton (Great Britain), the successful product BaglessPlus from Voith has proven itself in countless disc filters. It is not without reason that since 2002 Voith has been equipping each of its sold disc filters with the filterless sectors that achieve best results and highest customer satisfaction.
Product portfolio for disc filters
Efficient dewatering without filter bag
Upgrades to BaglessPlus are possible for
- all Voith disc filters and
- GL&V, Andritz, Ahlström, Impco and Wenrui disc filters.
Consistently high filtrate quality
The consistently high filtrate quality over the entire service life of the BaglessPlus filter discs leads to a significant reduction of fiber loss and fresh water consumption. There are no restrictions on using the super-clear filtrate on the spray nozzles of the paper machine.
- Maintenance and running costs are reduced to a minimum
- Filter disc service life of 15 years and more
- Reliable filtrate quality over the entire operating life
- Increase in capacity of up to 20%
- Saves on fibers and fillers within the paper machine circuit
- Reduction of fresh water consumption
- Higher availability of the paper machine
Stable vacuum creation increases disc filter capacities
- Safe guidance of discs in solid rails; eliminates risk of crash
- Inlet consistencies up to 2% possible
- Significantly reduced pumping power
- Up to 20% more throughput
- HiCon guiding system and BaglessPlus filter discs also available as rebuild kit
The patented nozzles optimize disc filter operation
The new generation of V-bags from Voith achieves longer service lives and therefore more reliable and stable operation of the disc filter. The integration of the Protector sheet in the filter bags offers the bags additional protection against damages caused by sharp sector edges. This substantially extends the service life and as a result the maintenance intervals of the disc filter. In addition, capacities can also be adjusted by means of special blind strips on the filter bags.
Various filter bags are available for all disc filters from Voith and other manufacturers. If required, Voith offers filter bags tailored to customer needs:
- Voith V-bag P: Polypropylene bag
- Voith V-bag C: Corrugated polypropylene bag
- Protector sheet: Can be combined with V-bag C and V-bag P
Your contact - What can we do for you?
Successful disc filter upgrades
Expectations exceeded at
WEIG-Karton: significantly improved filtrate values after rebuild
Successful rebuild of Hedemora disc filter at Sappi
Service for your disc filter
At Voith, the success of the customer takes center stage. Service means delivering customized service solutions and utilizing our full expertise to help you reach your goals.