Perfect control – From 100 kW to 65,000 kW
Efficient and reliable speed control of motor-driven machines is crucial to various industries and applications. Our solution includes a range of variable speed drives (VSDs) that keep your systems running at optimum speed.
Whether you operate in the power or oil and gas industry, Voith provides reliable and efficient variable speed drives, supporting transmittable power ranges from 100 kW to 65,000 kW. Our portfolio of robust solutions includes the cutting-edge VECO-Drive and VoreconNX. Our technology and expertise provide peace of mind that your installations are engineered to keep pace with industry – day after day.
Our product highlights
The VoreconNX series guarantees efficient control of compressors and pump with its latest advances
- Efficient control of compressors and pumps
- Our most economical solution for up to 10 MW
- 48 years mean time between failures (MTBF)
- 8% higher efficiency at partial load
- Proven Vorecon technology at a highly competitive price
With the VECO-Drive, efficiency and speed control takes a new turn towards the future with:
- A peak efficiency of more than 97%
- Durable variable speed planetary gears that operate reliably, even in harsh environments
- The smallest electrical footprint
- Conditioned based maintenance supported by a self-learning data diagnostic system
- Grid protection that is achieved with active front technology and motor soft-start
Our portfolio offering
Offering the best combination of electrical and mechanical engineering, our electrically controlled variable speed planetary gear is equipped with oil & gas approved servo motors. Ideal for pump and compressor operation within the power range of up to 15 MW and/or 15,000 rpm.
Speed regulation range:
70% - 105% (compressors) / 50% - 100% (pumps)
Especially designed for speed control in the lower power range, up to 10 MW or 16,000 rpm, and ideally suited to pump and compressor applications. The VoreconNX is the latest product offering within the Vorecon range of mechanical variable speed and is based on planetary gear combining hydrodynamic couplings technology.
Speed regulation range: 70% - 105%
Offering the lowest total cost of ownership, this established range of mechanical variable speed planetary gear is based on hydrodynamic torque converter technology. Also, ideal for pump and compressor operation and further applications within the power range of up to 50 MW or 20,000 rpm.
Speed regulation range: 10% - 105%
The most economical means of controlling speed with minimal maintenance and investment, Voith geared variable speed couplings, are ideal for pumps and compressors in the power range of up to 40 MW or 20,000 rpm.
Speed regulation range: 25% - 100%
Compact and reliable, our hydrodynamic coupling solution is perfect for speed variation applications ranging from 100 kW to 35 MW (up to 3,600 rpm). Peace of mind is assured with more than 15,000 successful global installations.
Speed regulation range: 25% - 100%
As a starting or variable speed element with or without an integrated gear stage(s), this solution is perfect for starting and turning operations, e.g., for gas turbines, test field applications, and subsea.
Power range 1 -100 MW
With an integrated lock-up and torque multiplying characteristic, this hydrodynamic torque converter is ideal for the start-up of rotating equipment that requires an extreme break-away torque or high inertia acceleration.
Power range: From 5 up to 100 MW
Voith Service – how can we help you?
- Everything from a single source: development, design, production – and service!
- Decades of product experience as an original equipment manufacturer and service provider
- Fast and smooth cooperation and best service thanks to a worldwide network of service locations
- Long-term partnership and planning security are guaranteed due to longstanding corporate stability