With our Voith "Efficiency Solutions" OnEfficiency, dataPARC cloud, OnView, we help you increase production, achieve the desired quality, and reduce costs at the same time - using visualizations, advanced-process controls, and AI-supported optimization tools.
Advanced process control
Voith's advanced process controls (APC) increase your profit by producing paper with the targeted quality - at the lowest cost and with the greatest efficiency.
Reduce paper breaks and increase production
- Automatic identification of break segments
- Sophisticated analysis tool to identify the cause of breaks and how to prevent them
- Warning of upcoming breaks including counter measures to prevent them
- Depending on initial situation, reduction of breaks by 25 to 50% and/or production increase of 1 to 2%
The virtual sensors accurately predict quality values that otherwise are only available at the end of each tambour as the result of destructive tests in the lab. This allows the MPC to control the process to continuously reach these values, while the cost optimizer makes sure this happens at the lowest possible cost.
Improved and stabilized process
OnEfficiency.Strength lead to improved basis weight and ratio of fiber to ash.
2,800 tpy fiber savings in the first year, by ~ 0.5% basis weight reduction and ~ 0.3%-points ash increase.
Easy integration, optimized results
The DIP quality fluctuations created by incoming raw materials or production changes are reduced by dynamic adjustment of the losses at the washing/flotation as well as real-time optimization of the bleaching chemicals dosage.
- yield increase from 77.9 to 79.8%
- energy consumption reduced from 35 to 32 kWh/t
- hydrosulfite charge reduced from 0.04 to 0.02%
- primary ash addition reduced from 28 to 16 kg/t
Total savings achieved: 1.22 MEUR/year, equaling a cost reduction of 13% or 7.2 EUR/t
- yield increase from 85.7 to 88.1%
- energy consumption reduced from 42 to 27 kWh/t
- peroxide charge reduced from 0.99 to 0.78%
- hydrosulfite charge reduced from 0.12 to 0.06%
- primary ash addition reduced from 40 to 23 kg/t
Total savings achieved: 3.55 MEUR/year, equaling a cost reduction of 22% or 9 EUR/t
Advanced process visualization
Advanced-process visualization is the new way to visualize process data. Cloud-based applications running on dataPARC cloud provide intuitive user interfaces optimized for the different user groups in a paper mill.
Analyzer is used to monitor and evaluate historical and live data, e.g. to find the root cause for a problem.
Cockpit visualizes the current status of the process in a clear and easily understandable way.
Events allows to displays and filter different types of events, e.g. for quick trouble shooting.
Functions allows customers to calculate new values based on existing data. The calculated values are then available for all other applications running on dataPARC cloud.
Data, analysis, and visualization at one glance
- Intuitive web-based tools to easily gather, visualize, and intepret operational data
- Highly customizable visualization tools to generate useful insights specific to your operation
- Interconnected apps for maximum data consistency
- Actionable information to quickly isolate possible production issues and take appropriate measures
Create soft sensors quickly and without data analysis skills
- Fast creation of virtual sensors (soft sensors) - without data analysis skills
- Reduction of off-spec production through real-time availability of strength values
- Optimized paper quality at lower cost
- Faster grade changes
Visualize and reduce losses
- Easy troubleshooting/optimization through real-time visualization of losses
- Increased process transparency by making the stream deviations visible
- Loss reduction by defining countermeasures for each reject stream
Reduction of fiber losses with help of OnView.MassBalance
Contact our experts
Performance enhancement & sustainability
Voith Paper Newsletter
Always get the latest updates on new products and services, projects, campaigns and success stories as well as upcoming exhibitions and conferences – straight to your inbox.Subscribe now