BlueLine OCC process
The perfect stock preparation for packaging paper
BlueLine OCC process
Less energy. More yield. Most trusted.
With over 70,000 system components sold, Voith is one of the world's leading specialists for stock preparation. Voith’s extensive product and process know-how in the field of OCC is unique in the industry. It allows paper manufacturers to optimize their entire recovered paper stock preparation by maximizing both efficiency and quality.
With over 120 years of experience in stock preparation, more than 70,000 individual components sold, and over 85 complete OCC systems installed, Voith products are among the world's leading solutions for energy-efficient and robust recycling of recovered paper and cardboard. We consider OCC stock preparation not only at the product level, but also and especially at the process level. With innovative technologies and new solutions, we set benchmarks in the industry – and continuously advance the innovation process in the field of digitization, automation and networking. The result: a perfectly designed stock preparation process with market-leading individual components that are perfectly adapted to individual conditions and requirements.
Your benefits with the BlueLine OCC Process
When developing OCC solutions, Voith always keeps an eye on the entire stock preparation process. This guarantees maximum efficiency and quality even beyond the product level.
- Trash removal as early and efficiently as possible to improve performance and reliability of downstream systems
- Vast engineering know-how based on years of experience
- Elimination of chests to reduce spinnings and trash agglomeration problems
- Highly automated process for smooth start or system stop to avoid machine damages
- Proven, robust machines of the BlueLine family
Minimum energy consumption
- A high consistency during whole process minimizes installed pumping power
- Feed-Forward Principle: wherever possible, accepts are not recirculated but sent directly "forward". Lower volume flows and higher stock consistencies in the process reduce, among other things, the pump energy required to transport the pulp
- Fewer components, e.g. in our screening sub-systems: Where other systems require multiple intermediate pumps and chests, Voith can do without. This allows significant savings, e.g. in electrification and process equipment
Increased fiber yield
- Efficient deflaking of the process streams catches otherwise lost fiber. This is crucial to increase the fiber yield and therefore the profits
- The process is designed in a way to defiber flakes effectively
- BlueLine systems are designed to preserve the size of the contaminants, which simplifies an early removal in the process
- Sticky removal is one of the major challenges in stock preparation: Voith screening sub-systems proved to be the best solution for removing stickies and impurities
- The highly purified stock suspension from the BlueLine OCC process is the prerequisite for fewer sheet breaks and increased paper machine uptime. At the same time, the converting process of the final paper product will benefit from the high paper quality.
- All system components are from a single source
- Minimized interfaces
- Aligned components and processes
- One main contact person for the entire project, supported by an experienced team of experts
- Improved profitability through a pioneering portfolio: Besides stock preparation and paper machine, Voith also provides subcomponents for automation, reject and water treatment, production consumables and smart and customized services
- More than 120 years of experience in stock preparation
- Over 85 complete OCC systems successfully installed worldwide
- Unique know-how in technology and industry
- Proximity to the paper producers as innovation driver
Over 85 large OCC systems sold
Customers all over the world rely on Voith BlueLine systems for OCC stock preparation. The reason: Stock preparation contributes to a large extent to excellent paper quality. The technologically leading solutions set benchmarks in efficiency and quality – and have proven themselves in countless applications worldwide. Take a look.
Palm Aalen PM 5 – Reduced water and energy consumption
"Thanks to the great teamwork, we were able to reach our goals in a highly efficient way."
Stephan Gruber, Chief Technology Officer at Papierfabrik Palm
Green Bay PM 4 – Complete production line from Voith
"The stock preparation line is a crucial factor in ensuring reliably high quality in this broad range."
Matthew Szymanski, Vice President Mill Operations at Green Bay Packaging
Schoellershammer PM 6 – In record time with Voith as complete supplier
"It was important for us to win a complete supplier who could supply us with everything from a single source, from the conveyor system for waste paper to the winder."
Armin Vetter, Managing Director Schoellershammer
Modern Karton PM 5 – Convincing with quality and quantity
"We have achieved very promising quantitative and qualitative results right from the start."
Osman Tamer, Project Manager Modern Karton
Copamex PM 5 – Tailor-made solution for highly loaded fibers
"The Voith team consistently understands the requirements of our projects and adapts our stock preparation systems accordingly."
Alonso González, CEO Copamex
A perfectly coordinated process with market-leading components
In the OCC stock preparation process, contaminants are removed from recovered fiber sources in a multi-stage recycling process. OCC contains numerous contaminants such as adhesives, metals, sand and plastics that need to be removed as early as possible in the process. The customer profits from Voith’s full-line competence and thus receives a perfectly coordinated OCC stock preparation process. An overview.
In the low-consistency (LC) Cleaner, remaining heavy particles such as sand are selectively removed from the fiber suspension by centrifugal separation. Compared to other manufacturers, the Voith system scores with an excellent separation at significant higher stock consistencies. This is made possible by the EcoMizer technology developed by Voith.
During fractionation and fine screening, the accepts contained in the fiber suspension are separated into long and short fibers. Also important is the removal of disturbing small reject particles and stickies. The quality of the fractionation and screening is determined to a large extent by the circuit variants and slot widths. The Voith screening system is optimized for the requirements of the final paper machine.
The dewatering process increases the stock consistency from about 5 to 30 percent or more to prepare for the next process stage and for complete separation of the water cycle. The dewatering machines provide consistent and continuous discharge and thus a homogeneous supply of the dewatered stock to the subsequent systems. This reduces the number of energy peaks in the subsequent processes and thus lowers the overall energy demand of the dispersion system. With our systems, a more rigid and reliably stable operation can be achieved, compared to other machines available on the market.
No less important is water management. Small impurities accumulating in the water cycle can cause major problems. Further, paper mills pose special challenges to the wastewater treatment, e.g., with regard to calcium deposits. Voith systems are perfectly designed for these often very special conditions to ensure maximum process reliability in the long term. Efficient anaerobic reactors help keep energy requirements to a minimum.
Consulting and support – Get in contact with us
Global Product Manager
t +49 751 83 2136Send an email
Discover our broad portfolio for your stock preparation
Voith Paper Newsletter
Always get the latest updates on new products and services, projects, campaigns and success stories as well as upcoming exhibitions and conferences – straight to your inbox.Subscribe now