The perfect stock preparation for all virgin fiber-based papers
BlueLine virgin fiber process
High quality. Smooth operation. Well proven.
As the world’s leading specialist for stock preparation, Voith has dedicated itself to meeting the requirements of the paper market and the needs of its customers for more than 150 years. For the manufacture of products based on virgin fibers, we offer our customers integrated solutions for an efficient and sustainable paper manufacturing process.
Our experienced experts design customized systems for a wide range of requirements and paper grades, from tissue to specialty papers, board and packaging. Whether you need small tonnage machines or large production facilities, Voith’s BlueLine product range can provide the right machines and sizes in proven Voith quality while at the same time offering low costs for energy and maintenance as well as improved runability and occupational safety.
In this context, we consider stock preparation not just at the product level but above all at the process level. With our innovative technologies and new solutions, we are setting benchmarks in the industry – and continuously advance the innovation process in the field of digitization, automation, and networking. The result is a reliable supply of the paper machine through stock preparation, and approach flow using market-leading individual components that are perfectly adapted to the specific conditions and requirements. Fiber recovery and broke handling system minimize production losses and allow minimum fiber losses.
Your benefits with the BlueLine virgin fiber process
Voith’s innovative process solutions always focus on the entire paper manufacturing process. This guarantees maximum efficiency and quality over and beyond the product level.
- Comprehensive engineering expertise based on years of experience
- Highly automated process for smooth system start or stop reduce workload and avoid operational errors
- Proven, robust machines from the BlueLine product range
Minimal energy consumption
- Efficient pulping with IntensaPulper IP-V and energy savings of up to 30% compared with conventional systems thanks to flow-optimized pulping vat and optimal process control
- Refiner fillings optimally adapted to the fiber morphology substantially increase the potential for energy and raw material savings
- Flow-optimized design of IntegraGuard screen in the approach flow system reduces pressure loss and enables low rotor speed, which minimizes energy consumption
- With the new InduraClean IDC-4 cleaners, optimum cleaning efficiency and high throughput rate result in lower energy consumption compared with conventional solutions
- Efficient dosing of process chemicals and additives in the approach flow system significantly reduces the consumption of chemicals, fresh water, and energy
- Ideal fiber treatment thanks to low-intensity refining
- In the approach flow system, Voith systems ensure optimum process stability
- Higher paper quality due to excellent stock homogeneity at the headbox thanks to the new generation HydroMix and to FlowJec, the most efficient dosing system currently on the market
- Better basis weight consistency and paper machine runability due to flow-optimized IntegraGuard screen in approach flow system
- Maximum cleaning efficiency and quality courtesy of the InduraClean IDC-4Q cleaners
Scalable and flexible process
- Our solutions are suitable for use in Voith systems as well as those of other manufacturers, and for all paper grades and production volumes
- We satisfy the strictest quality requirements, even in the case of an extensive range of paper grades or the production of specialty papers
- All system components from a single source
- Minimized interfaces
- Coordinated components and processes
- One main contact person for entire project, supported by an experienced team of experts
- Improved profitability thanks to a pioneering portfolio: Besides stock preparation and paper machine, Voith also supplies sub-components for automation, chemicals dosing (FlowJec), production consumables and smart, customized services
- More than 120 years of experience in stock preparation
- Unique technology and industry know-how
- Innovation driver for paper manufacturers and their needs
The best solution for all paper grades
Customers from all over the world rely on Voith BlueLine systems. The reason? Stock preparation plays a major role in obtaining excellent paper quality, even in the case of an extensive range of paper grades or the production of specialty papers. These leading-edge technological solutions set benchmarks for efficiency and quality and have proven effective in numerous applications worldwide. See for yourself:
Kehl PM 8 – A technical masterpiece
Comprising BlueLine stock preparation, a wet end process, XcelLine paper machine, offline coating machine, and VariPlus winder from Voith, production line 8 is one of the most powerful specialty paper machines in the world.
"Optimized stock preparation is important to guarantee the high quality requirements of specialty paper. Our tried-and-tested BlueLine product portfolio is being used on paper machine 8. The customized process concept and high-performance components make a significant contribution to the efficient operation of the mill."
Axel Gommel, Global Product Manager at Voith Paper
Miltenberg TM 7 – Complete production line from Voith
Thanks to innovative product solutions and a coherent full-line supplier concept, the TM 7 from Fripa has been efficiently and reliably producing hygiene papers of the highest quality since 2014. Voith supplied the complete production line – stock preparation, approach flow system, tissue machine including auxiliaries, electrification, automation and engineering of the entire plant.
A perfectly aligned process with market-leading components
In combination with sophisticated automation solutions, the customized process concepts and highly efficient components from the BlueLine product range contribute significantly to the cost-effective operation of the plant. Voith covers the complete process, from stock preparation through approach flow system to fiber recovery and broke handling. An overview:
Raw material handling
Approach flow system
Stock mixing and dosing
The IntegraGuard screen is used in the first stage of the approach flow system and has been designed to fulfill highest requirements without additional pulsation damper. In the subsequent second and possibly third stage, the aim is to concentrate and continually remove the rejects to achieve low reject rates in virgin fibers. This is achieved with the IntegraScreen in combination with MultiFoil rotors and C-bar screen baskets.
The InduraClean concept has a modular structure that allows the cleaners to be easily adapted to the customer’s individual requirements and production targets.
Consulting and support – Get in contact with us
Global Product Manager Approach Flow
t +49 7321 37 2967Send an email
Process Technologist Stock Preparation
t +49 751 83 3473Send an email