Voith and BTG present joint automation and digitalization portfolio
- With extensive know-how and bundled experience, the leading full line supplier Voith and its subsidiary BTG are optimizing their Papermaking 4.0 digitalization and automation portfolio to increase the overall customer experience
- OnCumulus becomes dataPARC cloud
- MACS solutions become part of OnEfficiency portfolio
Global Communication Manager
t +49 7321 37-2209Contact
OnCumulus becomes dataPARC cloud
The combination of Voith's cloud solution OnCumulus and BTG's on-premise installation dataPARC combines the respective strengths of the platforms. In the cloud, for example, the almost unlimited computing power offers advantages for training AI models and simplifies cross-location solutions as well as location-independent access to data. The strengths of on-premise installations lie in processing high-frequency data or closed control loops.
MACS becomes OnEfficiency
With the integration of MACS into OnEfficiency, Voith is expanding its portfolio for cross-process controls and AI-supported process optimization, especially in the area of pulp production. Specifically, the following applications will be newly integrated and offered going forward under the name OnEfficiency.Pulp:
- Advanced process control combined with high-frequency single point kappa (SPK) measurements to improve kappa stability by 10 to 15 percent and optimize fiber yield (formerly MACScook).
- Improvement of the washing process in terms of carryover and black liquor solids (formerly MACSwash).
- Oxygen delignification optimization using SPK for high-frequency measurement of incoming and outgoing kappa (formerly MACSo2).
- Bleach optimization to minimize chemical consumption and stabilize distribution and brightness. The unique total kappa transmitter (BLT), brightness transmitters (BT) and pH management are also used for this purpose (formerly MACSbleach).
Optimized product portfolio from Voith and BTG
The addition of dataPARC and MACS to the Papermaking 4.0 portfolio completes the full-line offering from the global technology company Voith for digitalization in the pulp and paper industry. DataPARC cloud serves as the central platform and backbone of all applications in the Papermaking 4.0 portfolio. The proven automation solutions OnControl and OnQuality in the field of Automation, as well as the combined instrument portfolios of Voith and BTG – including control loops, sensors and actuators – form the basis for the solutions from the Availability, Efficiency and Operation areas. The solutions from the OnEfficiency portfolio optimize the production process for higher efficiency, lower costs and stable quality thanks to open or closed control loops using advanced process controls and AI. In the Availability arena, the OnCare family solutions help to improve maintenance processes and increase machine availability. In the area of Operations, Voith and BTG also offer intuitive applications for a wide range of functions. These can be used for analyzing and visualizing data; generating virtual sensors; displaying dashboards; and collecting and managing data, including generating reports and notifications. The experts of the OnPerformance.Lab (OPL) support with the installation and operation of the digitalization and automation solutions from the Papermaking 4.0 portfolio.
Further information can be found here: voith.com/PaperIsOn.
BTG Group is a multinational provider of integrated, highly specialized process solutions for the global pulp and paper industry. BTG's mission is to help its customers sustainably improve their business performance.
About the company
The Voith Group is a global technology company. With its broad portfolio of systems, products, services and digital applications, Voith sets standards in the markets of energy, paper, raw materials and transport & automotive. Founded in 1867, the company today has around 20,000 employees, sales of € 4.3 billion and locations in over 60 countries worldwide and is thus one of the larger family-owned companies in Europe.read more
The Group Division Voith Paper is part of the Voith Group. As the full-line supplier to the paper industry, it provides the largest range of technologies, services, and products on the market, and offers paper manufacturers holistic solutions from a single source. The company’s continuous stream of innovations facilitates resource-conserving production and supports customers in significantly reducing their carbon footprint. With its comprehensive automation products and leading digitization solutions from the Papermaking 4.0 portfolio, Voith offers its customers state-of-the-art, digital technologies to increase the availability and efficiency of their systems in all areas of the production process.