Outstanding performance with a low life-cycle cost
These high-performance, high-speed, zero-backlash double diaphragm couplings have torque capacities of up to 1.5 million Nm with speeds of up to 80,000 rpm. Compensating for axial, radial, and angular shaft misalignment, these compact and lower-weight couplings are ideal for various applications.
Features and benefits at a glance
- Operational reliability, i.e., minimal unplanned stoppages of the drivetrain
- Long service life
- Custom-tailored to your requirements
- Combinable with existing energy sources
- High durability
- Minimum maintenance due to low-wear parts
- Low ventilation loss
- Lightweight construction
- Minimized noise level
A high-speed and high-torque coupling
Voith diaphragm couplings combine unique know-how and decades of experience, resulting in their reliable and exceptional performance. As high-performance units, they convert high torque at high speed despite their low weight.
Compensating for axial, radial, and angular misalignment of two coupled shafts, our diaphragm couplings are manufactured for torques of up to 1,500,000 Nm and speeds of up to 80,000 rpm. These high-speed and high-performance couplings fulfill the requirements of API 671 as well as ISO 10441 and are approved for Zone 1 and Zone 2, following ATEX standards. Furthermore, the standard couplings are designed for angular misalignment up to 0.25°, and bespoke couplings are available on request for angular misalignment of up to 0.5°.
|Power transmission||up to 70 MW|
|Speed||up to 80,000 rpm|
|Torque||up to 1,500,000 Nm|
EconTors (single diaphragm)
TwinTors (double diaphragm)
adhesive (CFRP sleeve)
ATEX, Zones 1 and 2
torque-sensing spacer sleeve
lightweight design (CFRP)
low-windage design (optimized air flow characteristics)
Voith Service - how can we help you?
- Everything from a single source: development, design, production – and service!
- Decades of product experience as an original equipment manufacturer and service provider
- Fast and smooth cooperation and best service thanks to a worldwide network of service locations
- Long-term partnership and planning security are guaranteed due to longstanding corporate stability