Automate your paper machine with OnControl
OnControl provides perfect automation for the pulp and paper industry. With OnControl, we offer intelligent automation solutions for controlling and visualizing the entire papermaking process in one system. These solutions help you optimize your processes and increase your efficiency.
OnControl functions at a glance
- Visualization of all relevant data from the paper production process with one system.
- Access to all automation components from distributed workstations.
- Guidance for operating and maintenance personnel during machine maintenance and fault diagnosis.
- Remote support and access to data via web clients.
- Touch panels
- Control boxes
- Operator stations
- Control and Network infrastructure
- Digital actuators via field bus or IO link
- Hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Motors and valves
- Digital sensors via field bus or IO link
- Binary sensors
- Analogue sensors
Tailored solutions for the Paper Industry with OnControl
With OnControl, you benefit from the unique combination of reliable standard hardware as well as automation solutions we developed specifically for the pulp and paper industry. Our user interface and program modules simplify engineering and guarantee optimum processes. To ensure worldwide support, spare parts availability, and system reliability, we utilize the Siemens SIMATIC PCS 7 process control system.
We offer OnControl.Process for stock preparation, approach flow, and auxiliary systems (DCS). OnControl.Machine is our solution for automation paper machines, winders, and transport systems (MCS).
- Group starts
- Faceplates for controllers, motors, valves
- Process overview and detail screens
- Interlock diagnostics
- Control Sequence
- Integrated safety functions
- Achievement of sustainability targets
- Stabilization of dry content by means of automatic control of the vacuum in the former
- Optimized ply adhesion (for multi-ply machines)
- Lower energy costs
- Less forming fabric wear due to reduced vacuum
- Based on successful sensor OnQ FormingSens
- One synchronized alarm handling
- Fast identification of malfunctions
- Quick overview of interlocks
- Direct access to electronic documentation
- Structured, standardized programming
- Savings in spare parts due to one system hardware
- Modular and easy to configure system
OnControl use case
OnControl is our solution for the following use cases:
New Line: Integrated automation of new paper industry plants.
Service: Whether it’s troubleshooting or optimization – our experts are always available to you via our remote service.
Rebuilds: Complex conversions that include interfaces to differing systems.
Digital: Data is the gold of the future and the key to digital solutions. OnControl captures data and makes it available.